A quick peek at Canoe Outpost-Peace River
and what we offer to our guests:
- On all paddle trips, we transport you upriver by bus and you paddle downstream back to us.
- Our trips are wilderness or semi-wilderness trips with the occasional sections of homes.
- You always paddle back to your vehicle, no end of trip bus rides. Parking is close to the river.
- We are located right on the river.
- On the popular Zolfo Springs to Gardner Run, we have end of trip parking and restrooms. The Outpost is right next door to the public boat ramp.
- There are two offices. The Arcadia office is the main office and the Gardner office is a seasonal office for ease of check-in during busy season.
- Knowledgeable and friendly staff with years of experience. Canoe Outpost is the oldest and largest outfitter in Florida.
- Cleanest paddle gear in the state! Every cushion, lifejacket, canoe, kayak, and paddleboard is washed after each use. Paddles are rinsed.
- All our bus drivers are CDL drivers and our buses are FDOT Compliant, inspected and approved.
- Exclusive picnic and camping areas along the river at Oak Hill for Canoe Outpost-Peace River customers only, included in canoe/kayak rental.
- Reserved camping spots along the river at the Outpost exclusive Oak Hill picnic/camping area are available
- Camping gear delivery is available at Oak Hill.
- 5 mile Oak Hill Run is a Canoe Outpost-Peace River exclusive.
- Open 7 days a week, call and talk to a real person, not a machine. Closed Christmas Day.
- Office hours are 8 to 4 daily for reservation and information calls. If things are slow and everyone is in for the day, staff may leave at 3 (usually in August and September).
- Group and special discounts are available.
- We love kids! Kids, 12 and under as extra people in the middle, are free. Over 13 years old in the middle? Add $15 per day.
- Pets are welcome. We love them too as long as they’re friendly!
- Children PFDs are fitted ski vest type, not the orange horse collar type
- We have fitted PFDs for all upon request.
- We have camping gear by the piece or you can be completely outfitted with all the basic camping gear. Our propane stoves, propane lanterns, sleeping bags, and tents are all Coleman brand.
- All camping gear is cleaned after use.
- You have the canoe/kayak/paddleboard until closing time, regardless of trip length.
- Tee shirts, shark tooth necklaces, sunscreen, soft drinks, bottled water, and cup holders for sale.
- For your comfort, we have seatbacks for rent. Birthday paddlers get a free seatback or a free cup holder on their birthday!
- Last minute trip? We offer bottled water, Powerades, and sodas for sale. We’ll even loan you a small cooler with some ice.
- Free river maps
- Free fossil i.d. and “how to” fossil sheets
- Free fossil hunting equipment as supply lasts.
- Bring your fossils to us and we’ll try to i.d. them for you.
- Free boat cushion for each person
- New to town? We have a free map of all the accommodations and eateries in the area. Mention you’re going paddling or have been and the accommodations will usually give you a discount.
- Picnic area is available for groups. Scattered picnic tables around the grounds are available for all to use.
- Quick access to the Peace River Campground. We’re right next door. Walk or drive over.
- Alcohol is allowed on the Peace River. Please drink responsibly. NO glass allowed.
Here are some quick bios and pictures
of the Canoe Outpost-Peace River gang.
You will see they have a great deal of experience despite their youthful appearance. Everyone here enjoys meeting new people (yes, even the dogs), so if you run into one of them, don’t hesitate to say HI!
We are updating all our gang pictures, check back later.